PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENTS!!
PHILLY FOODS PHILLY BREWS
MENU RUNS JUNE 1rst – 10th- During Dinner Hours
3 Course Menu Including Beer Pairings $35
Roasted Jersey Tomato Salad Fresh Mozzarella / Pickled Pepper Vinaigrette
Paired with: Victory Summer of Love
Cheese Steak Croquettes Roasted Jalapeno Ketchup
Paired with: Old Forge Brewing Co, T-Rail Pale Ale
Sausage & Pepper Empanada Broccoli Rabe / Red Ale Marinara
Paired with: Lavery Brewing Company, Imperial Red Ale
Honey Lager Glazed Pork Loin Philadelphia Soft Pretzel Stuffing / Whole Grain Mustard Slaw
Paired with: Philadelphia Brewing Co. Pale Ale
Strip Steak Beer Battered Onion Rings / Red Skin Smashed Potato / Ale Steak Sauce
Paired with: Troegs Brewing Co, Hopback Amber
Beer Braised Bratwurst Cracked Pepper Spatzel / Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
Paired with: Yard’s Brewing Co., Brawler
Butterscotch Krimpet Tiramisu
Paired with: Lavery Brewing Co, 1847 Rye Stout
Ricotta Peach Pie
Paired with: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Festina Peche
Lavery 1847 Stout float with Bassett’s Vanilla Ice Cream
MEET THE BREWERS EVENTS!!
- T-Rail Pale Ale (American Pale Ale, 5.5%) An amber colored American pale ale, medium-bodied, with well-balanced malt and hop flavor, a hoppy aroma, and crisp finish.
- Celestial Blonde (American Blonde Ale, 7.0%) A medium-bodied, malty, sweet Belgian-style Blond ale with great complexity and a heavenly finish.
- Unruly Rye IPA (Indian Pale Ale, 4.0-7.0%) Unruly Rye is an American Pale Ale/IPA with rye malt accounting for 23% of the grist. It’s full-bodied, almost brown in color, with a good balance between malt and hops, and a dry finish. The rye offers a characteristic flavor while complementing the hop bitterness. It is dry hopped with 2 lbs. of Nugget in the fermenter to enhance the hop aroma.
- Classis Kolsch (German Ale, 4.0-6.0%) A light bodied, slightly dry, straw-colored ale, with low hop presence and a crisp finish. Easy drinking!
June 4th – Lavery Brewing Company (Erie, PA) Owner Jason Lavery from 4-6pm at The BAR
- Liopard Oir (Farmhouse Saison, 4.8%) A beer for the ladies, crazies and connoisseurs. A floral, hoppy and fruity French-style saison. Saisons are completely undescribable so we won’t even try. Our interpretation has five types of grain, Lavery Estate hops and three different strains of yeast! The yeast is the star of this show – fruity, spicy, fragrant, alluring and simply delicious. This beer ends dry and crisp and bottled conditioned with Brettanomyces Clausenii, a wild yeast that adds fruity, tart and mildly funky aromas and flavors to ale. This beer is great young but will change considerably with time. – Named Liopard oir, Irish for ‘gold leopard’, which appears on the Lavery Family crest.
- Imperial Red Ale (Red Ale, 7.2%) BIG. HOPPY. RED. Irish beer gone incognito! Our IRA has a beautiful burnt orange/red color with the unmistakable aroma and flavor of American hops. This beer is brewed to be dry with full flavor of Nugget, Apollo & Cascade dry hopping. With over two pounds of hops per barrel (that’s a lot) its like no beer ever brewed in Erie.
- 1847 Rye Stout (Irish Dry Stout, 6.8%) A dry, bitter, Irish dark ale brewed with malted rye and hopped with Columbus. Extremely dry and roasty. Delicious!
- La Bealtine (American Pale Wheat Ale, 5.0%) The Irish believe there is a time of the year, halfway between the spring solstice and summer equinox, when fires are lit on the hills to ward off evil influences for the coming year and ensure prosperity. Lá Bealtaine, the festival of White Fire, celebrates the defeat of winter’s adversities and the anticipation of summer’s bounty. Lá Bealtaine is a hoppy American wheat ale, light-colored with generous pine and citrusy American hops.
June 5th – Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA) Head Brewer Bob Cannon / Beer Dinner
$55/person RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- Boston Lager (with Boston Beer Company Pint Glass), (Vienna Lager, 4.9%)
- Belgian Session (Belgian Pale Ale, 4.25%)
- Tasman Red (American IPA, 6.75%)
- Blueberry Hill Lager (Vienna Style Lager brewed with Fruit) – this has never been released until NOW.
- New World Tripel (with New World Tripel Tulip Glass), (Belgian Tripel, 10%)
- Grumpy Monk (Belgian IPA, 5.7%)
Posted: May 26, 2012